Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I Have a Dream....."

On this day 50 years ago, The March on Washington took place. During this event Dr. Martin Luther King delivered his memorable and moving "I have a Dream" speech, which was a heartfelt request of the nation to end discrimination. In commemoration of this rousing petition, President Obama will deliver a speech as well, and I am very eager to hear the content. Has America progressed on the road to deliverance from racial discrimination? Some may say yes based on the election of President Obama alone. While the election of a Black President forever marks a civil rights "achievement," and symbolizes aspects of Dr. Kings dreams, it does not change America's circumstance. Let's see if Obama will adress the enormity of issues still prevalent today. Watch the "Let Freedom Ring Ceremony" today on CNN at 2:45. I must mention if my dad was still living, I know for sure he would be in attendance, and I'd be right along with him.

 Equality is definitely required for smooth traveling on the road to Felicity, can you contribute?

No comments: