Friday, July 11, 2014

Life is what you make it..



Lately life has been really complex. Not in a bad way, by far. While I have been a little bit active on DF, I have not put enough time into it. A big reason for that is I have started nursing school. Ahhh.. Those two words alone speed up my heart rate- It has been a rollercoaster, and it is only the beginning. With that being said, I am going to document all the experiences I face as a nursing student, with intentions to share life long, valuable lessons.
 
We all know life isn’t simple and the way we choose to face challenges, setback and hurdles, is the ultimate determination of our success or failure. Most of my posts mention how your thoughts affect the ability to face these life challenges, but I need to mention it again! If you want something- go for it. Don’t let ANYONE influence your desire to be WHAT YOU WANT TO BE. I’ve always been a lazy student, simply put. I’ve never enjoyed school. Nothing about it- period. While I’ve taken many college courses with great momentum and even got A’s along the way, I always found a reason to give up, or focus on why school was not for me. Now, I am dedicated to becoming the best Nurse possible, and all it took was a change in my attitude.
 
You too can be whatever you want to be. It’s solely up to you. I like to believe there are 2 types of people when it comes to attaining goals and being successful-
  1. Those that have expectations of being successful with no hard work, and believe life is smooth with no bumps. If their plan doesn’t work, they give up.
  2. Those that understand they need to try more than once to get things right. They have plan A-Z and will try everything until it works.
    Which one are you?
Do you understand the ways you can overcome life’s challenges? Are you persistent, strong, bold and resilient? Or do you give up easy, blame others, and accept whatever life throws you without fighting back?
 
Here is my advice on facing life’s challenges-
  1. Build a bridge, and get over it- If something goes wrong, you must bounce back and try again.
  2. Be flexible- Some people approach problems the same way every time. In order for your attempts to be effective, you must try a new approach each time.
  3. Identify what works- When you find a way that accomplishes the task. Stick to it!
  4. NEVER GIVE UP.
"If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it."
-Author Unknown

 

 

No comments: