Monday, January 27, 2014

7 of 22 days Vegan

Hey Yall- Just checking in on my 22 day vegan challenge- I’ve proclaimed it to be more of a vegetarian challenge because I didn’t realize even some “meatless” products still contain animal derived ingredients. Even bread! I am happy to say though I have not ate any meat for a week now, and I went out with a BANG! I had a big juicy Bacon cheese burger from Red Robin. (Yummm. Lol) I usually never eat burgers but I had to engage in a last supper type meal before my veganity was taken. Anywho, on my quest to start this challenge I went grocery shopping and my cart was full, but my grocery bill was cheaper than normal- score! I bought tons of fruits and veggies and also some Boca burgers and meatless bacon, which both contain dairy. Fail. The next fail was purchasing regular bread, not even thinking about how it too is obviously made with Dairy. I did cheat a tad and ate Gorgonzola cheese on my salad but beside these small blunders, I have been doing awesome as far as no meat. I have discovered my obsession with vegetables. I really am considering becoming a vegetarian now that I realize how easy it is. There are so many benefits and its been a breeze so far to not eat them. My true test was yesterday when I went out to a restaurant. I only ate chips and salsa! I couldn’t believe myself! It definitely has reduced my appetite and I am happy to report I’ve lost 8 lbs in 4 days! Thumbs up to this challenge, which will now be a lifestyle! If you’re wanting to give it a try, I will later post a grocery list to get you started. Stay Tuned

No comments: